I slept!!


Actually – to be completely accurate, I slept on Thursday night.  I did blog about this yesterday, but for some reason, my request to post what I’d written was ‘invalid’.  So I will attempt to reproduce my words of wisdom (ha ha) here.

On Thursday night, it was cool enough not to need the fan on all night, and I suspect that that, plus the strong painkiller I took for my headache, combined to give me a good night’s sleep.  Whatever the cause, I did feel better on Friday, though Friday had a very ‘saturday’ feel to it, because N had taken the day off work.  Being the live life to the full, wacky people that we are, we went to Tesco and did the weekly shop.  Life in the fast lane, oh yes!

And Friday’s Positive Thing was painting my nails a deep, sparkly purple.  Though I may re-do them today, in fuchsia pink.  It is possible I am getting a little carried away with the nail colour thing, as I am contemplating using five different colours on the five nails of each hand (symetrically, of course).

Last night I didn’t sleep as well as Thursday night, but better than I have been sleeping lately.  The morning was a bit strange, because I was sure that I heard a loud ‘bang’ outside in the garden, but when I asked N about it, he denied all knowledge, and convinced me I must have dreamt it (I do have pretty odd dreams, it has to be said) – but then it turned out that No1 son had tested a tire to destruction in the garden – the bang I heard was it popping when he tried to inflate it.  So I am not going bananas – or no more so than usual!

I don’t actually have a Positive Thing yet, but the day is less than half over, so I will aim to come back and post it later on – providing that the technology cooperates (I am writing this on the home PC, and have my fingers crossed that I will be able to publish this – which makes typing interesting – << grins >>).

Here goes……..



Today’s Positive Thing was a chinese takeaway,  for just N and I.  Rest assured, though, the children were not starved or locked out in the garden shed – No1 son was out cycling with his mate, No2 went to a party with many of his mates, and No3 spent the night with one of his mates – so we had the house to ourselves ALL EVENING.  It was very quiet and peaceful!


About sdtgcraftygenius

I'm in my late forties, mum of three teenage boys, living near Glasgow. I've been a nurse, studied politics and music at university, and now I am a stay-at-home mother. I've suffered from depression for many years (only recently diagnosed), and take antidepressants daily to keep me on a manageable level.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s