I am feeling good about the small changes – they are going well, and I am managing to stick to most of them, most of the time – which is what I was hoping for. I am not expecting perfection from myself, or 100% adherence to all the changes, because I believe that a) aiming for perfection is setting ones self up for failure – because 100% perfection is not realistically achievable, and b) because I feel that it is better for me to have a realistic goal, and achieve it, and then be able to feel successful about that.
So – if I recall correctly, the initial small changes were:
– get up by 9am each day – that has been moved forward to 8.45am, and I hope to move it further forward as time goes by.
– no cakes, puddings, chocolate, sweets etc, except at weekends – this one has not been so easy to stick to, but apart from a bad week this week, I have done OK with it, and plan to carry on, and stick more closely to it.
– do some housework each week – yup – I have done this, and feel good about it – and hopefully it will grow as time goes by. Already I am sometimes doing more than one big housework job per week.
– drinking water rather than blackcurrant squash at night – I’ve pretty much stuck to this one 100%, which is good, and I have noticed I am thinking more about the refined sugar content of things that I am eating and drinking, which is also good – and I am drinking more water during the day as well.
– using less butter on toast/baked potatoes etc – I think I am getting better at this – a good start, anyhow.
So these four small changes are going pretty well, I think, and it is time to add some more, and update them a bit. As I said, I will be working towards getting up earlier – 8.30am is the next goal. I am going to drink more water during the day, and less squash. I will stick more closely to the sweets/treats only at the weekends, and I will do a bit more housework/tidying each week.
In addition, I am also going to make some time each week to do some different craft activities – ones that mean me sitting at the dining table – which sounds daft, I know – but what I am aiming for is doing things that I can’t necessarily do in front of the tv, that will take me away from the tv. I also want to do some more of the crafts that I have collected the supplies for, but haven’t yet had a go at, or that I have done in the past, but have either stopped doing, for whatever reason, or only do very occasionally (usually at a specific group).
I am sure that there was something else – or that there was a small change I had already added to the original list – but my memory is failing me right now, so I will leave the list here, and I can come back and add to it, if I remember anything else!