This was a much longer and more frustrating process than I was expecting – because I bought the wrong sort of scarves. It wouldn’t have mattered about them being nylon, if the weave had been a bit more open, but it was quite close, so it took an awful lot of work to get the fleece to felt on, and it didn’t really felt that well, despite lots of help from a wonderful friend, M, who suggested putting more fleece on the other side of the scarf – to grip through the chiffon – and who also did an awful lot of rubbing and rolling for me.
When I got home, I wrapped the scarf up in towels, and put them through a 40 degree wash, which made the felt much stronger, and pulled some very interesting shapes in the chiffon. I wish I had put more fleece on now – but it is a learning curve, and I will know to put more on next time.
I also finished embroidering my flowers picture – now I need to put it in a frame. I want to frame it so that the whole piece of felt is visible, because I think the texture and shape of the edge of the felt is interesting. And I also crocheted two more granny squares – so it was a productive day.