Oh blimey – drama in the craftygenius household!

Standard

The end of the week was not good at all.  N was away on business, flying back Friday evening, so No3 son and I were home alone – when he came into the lounge and went utterly nuclear about one of the dogs having chewed the special beaker he drinks his sports energy drinks from.  He’d left it in the den, within reach of the dogs, but this fact made no difference at all – there was swearing, knocking over of furniture, and he even talked about his willingness to use shock collars to train the dogs (something we will NEVER do) and even talking about killing them.  He did later apologise and say that a lot of what he said was heat-of-the-moment, in anger, and he didn’t mean it – but unfortunately this didn’t make it any easier to cope with at the time.  I was in floods of tears on the phone to N (who just happened to ring just as this was all kicking off) – and No3 could see how upset I was, but even that didn’t stop his ranting.

Later on, just as I was about to go to the airport to fetch N, no2dog threw up all over the couch.  As she is neurotic and nervy, I put this down to the trauma of the scene that No3 son had treated us to.

I picked up N, and we went to a local chain restaurant for a bite to eat, and a chance for me to talk to N, and for us to decide how to deal with No3 son.  When we got home, he had a chat with the lad, and apologies were forthcoming.  Unfortunately the dog carried on being sick – four times in all – but we still put that down to the upset.

The next morning, she had been sick a couple more times in the night (once in her bed, then she’d moved in with No1dog, and thrown up in her bed too – nice!), and really wasn’t looking well, so we booked an appointment at the vet, and after one more copious throw-up, she went at 10.20, and was diagnosed with an intestinal obstruction – she had to stay at the vet’s, and had emergency surgery at lunchtime – to remove a plastic water-bottle cap, which she had probably found on the floor of the den, because No3 son is a slob and leaves his rubbish everywhere.

N and I were pretty upset about her being so ill, but thankfully she is home now, and on the mend.

I am still finding it hard to cope with my feelings towards No3 son – I am horrified that a child I raised could say such hurtful things and cause such pain, and apparently feel little remorse, and I have a lot of negative feelings right now.  I love him, but I don’t like him a lot at the moment.

Advertisements

About sdtgcraftygenius

I'm in my late forties, mum of three teenage boys, living near Glasgow. I've been a nurse, studied politics and music at university, and now I am a stay-at-home mother. I've suffered from depression for many years (only recently diagnosed), and take antidepressants daily to keep me on a manageable level.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s